I cannot seem to keep up with blogging about my classroom. I just don't know how to keep it going. I'm trying. I had a moment with a "challenging" student today as we walked to the buses. When I put the student on the bus I said, "bye...", to which the student responded, "NO BYE!". Clearly the student was mad at me and meant it to be mean, but it was so cute it was hard not to laugh. This child is certainly a challenge for me on a daily basis, but I am also so endeared to this student and their situation. I am thankful I can smile at days like this instead of being frustrated.
I wish I had more time to write but I must go to bed so I can get up super early and finish lesson plans for next week.
I have two new sets of literacy center activites posted at my Teachers Pay Teachers and Teachers Notebook stores.
The first is a gingerbread themed center pack...who doesn't love the Gingerbread Man!? It includes
1. Asking & Telling Sentence Sort Students sort sentences into two categories. Students record work on recording sheet.
2. Long I & Short I Word Sort Students sort words into two categories. Students record work on recording sheet.
3. Poetry Center Students fill in the missing words from the poem.
4. Rhyming Word Sort Students match rhyming words. Students record work on recording sheet.
I also have a Christmas/Reindeer themed literacy center set that includes:
1. Contraction Match Students match contractions to the words that make up the contraction (with recording sheet).
2. ABC Order Students put holiday words in ABC order (with recording sheet).
3. Cut Up Sentences Students sort the sentence parts to make up facts about reindeer (with recording sheet).
4. Reindeer Poetry Students fill in the missing words from the poem.
Hope to be back on here sooner rather than later...